About UsBoracay Foundation Incorporated
As a dynamic and focused organization, the BFI is also involved in the development of communities surrounding the island through workshops, seminars, and projects to improve professionalism in tourism-based activities in close coordination with various government agencies.
The BFI work hand in hand with the local administration, the provincial government and the Department of Tourism, whereby it is part of the Malay Tourism Council, the environment Solid waste Monitoring Team, and the Provincial Special Development Council. It also serves as a conduit between the business community and the local, provincial and national government agencies.
“Preserve What We Have,
Restore What we Lost”
Driven by this core mission , the Boracay Foundation, Inc. (BFI) is committed to actively promote the tourism industry on the island through preservation and restoration of its environment and natural resources.
The BFI was established in 1996 as a non – profit, non stock association aimed in sustaining the island’s environmental, business and social needs. It is currently composed of over a hundred members representing Boracay’s leading establishments including resorts, hotels, restaurants, water sports stations, market stalls, airlines, banks, island organizations, residents and expatriates.
As an environment – conscious organization, the BFI believes that without healthy environment, tourism cannot be sustained for long. It is for the reason that it is actively involved in various environment preservation and restoration activities and projects such as solid waste management and underwater environment protection through close cooperation with the Department of Environment and Natural Resources ( DENR) through the Philippine partnership Program (PEPP-ECONA)
And the Boracay’s Dive Association (BASS).
To promote business and growth on the island, the BFI facilitates the marketing and promotional programs of its members in the vision to maintain Boracay as the country’s premier tourist destination.
Current Programs and Projects
1.) Coral Reef Restoration Projects
2.) Tourism and Marketing Projects
3.) Website Development
4.) Inter Agency Cooperation
A DYNAMIC, FOCUSED, AND A PROACTIVE ORGANIZATION OF CHOICE SUPPORTED BY AN EMPOWERED STAKEHOLDERSHIP WORKING HARMONIOUSLY FOR BORACAY’S DEVELOPMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY
A membership organization committed to:
a. promote a globally competitive tourism industry within the purview integrated sustainable development;
b. strengthening public-private-civil society organization’s participation in tourism development; and
c. providing members a climate that supports business growth and sustainability.
1. To develop and implement information, education, and communication programs
2. To maximize the use of mass media in popularizing Boracay as a premier tourist destination and BFI programs, projects and activities.
3. To develop and implement environment and community development programs , projects and activities.
4. To closely work with other private sector organizations, civil society organizations, government agencies and local populace in matters concerning Boracay.
5. To establish a communication management mechanism, such as, management information system, website development and management, customer hotline and similar mechanism.
6. To professionalize the members and agents of the organization through the formulation of a member-responsive policies and guidelines.
7. To develop customer enhancement programs and services geared towards serving members, stakeholders and the general public.